Neodymium Magnet Safety & Warnings
Neodymium magnets are brittle. They can peel, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Eye protection should be worn when handling these magnets, because shattering magnets can launch pieces at great speeds and sparks may be produced.
Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80°C).
Especially the big neodymium magnets are extremely strong, and must be handled with care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers and other body parts can get severely pinched between two attracting magnets
Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
Never allow neodymium magnets near a person with a pacemaker or similar medical aid.
The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can also damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and other